A Great Place to Work
Fantastic Office in Wicker Park
Check out our modern & open work space located in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood. Getting here is easy via CTA bus, El, Metra, car or bike!
Jobs at Network Ninja
Launched in 1998, Network Ninja is an established software development company focused on innovation, growth and customer commitment. We have quickly grown to become a dominant player in our market space. From statewide tracking systems for social services and legal service organizations, to event marketing management that powers top Fortune 500 campaigns, Network Ninja's applications are leading the way.
Working at Network Ninja offers opportunities, challenges and perks that are difficult to find at other companies. While everyone has their individual responsibilities, Network Ninja is a highly collaborative, communicative work environment. Character, enthusiasm, perspective and awesome coding skills are all highly valued.
Top reasons to work at Network Ninja...
- Amazingly talented colleagues from whom you can learn and with whom you will do your best work.
- Great business track record, with many years of growth ahead as companies move core functions to the web.
- We pay very competitive rates, commensurate with experience to attract the best talent around.
- Fantastic benefits package, including healthcare, 401(k), vacation, direct deposit and more.
- Small enough that you can make a difference, but big enough that we can transform an industry.
- Finally back up your "I am a ninja!" claim to your friends, spouse and kids.
Current Job Openings
PHP SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Network Ninja has an immediate opening for a PHP Developer to join our diverse team of talented web application developers! The ideal candidate will have strong Object-Oriented PHP skills with RDBMS (PostgreSQL) experience, a background working with open-source frameworks in a team environment, and experience deploying applications on Linux systems. If you are an enthusiastic individual looking for exciting career growth opportunities with a rock-solid software development company, then we would like to hear from you!
- Develop clean and efficient OOP code solutions to improve software features & functionality.
- Assist with translating business needs into developer tasks.
- Contribute & share developer responsibilities with a team of 2-5 developers.
- Learn underlying PHP code architecture of our software with guidance of senior developers.
- Use software development best practices, standards and procedures.
- Assist with testing and QA of new developer code before software releases.
- Willingness to take direction and learn about our business from management.
- BA in Computer Science or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of PHP Object-Oriented Programming experience. OOP experience on a large site/application is required.
- Diverse knowledge of RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience developing code through multiple Linux lifecycle environments (Development, Staging, Production sites).
- Experience with a version control system (preferably Subversion).
- Previous experience working within a development team.
- Great written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
How to Apply
Are you a highly self-motivated PHP Developer in Chicago? If so, please use the button below to send an email to us with the following three items:
- A brief Personal Statement / Cover Letter
- Your Resume
- Three (3) PHP Code Samples that show your knowledge of SQL and OOP PHP
At Network Ninja we pride ourselves on hiring the smartest, most authentic and talented people we meet. If that sounds like you, we encourage you to apply today! Please NO contractors, outsourcing firms, recruiters or remote workers.